Friday, April 1, 2011

Dragonflies of 2010 Recap

Last year around June I started bringing my Kodak Easyshare camera with me when I was going birdwatching. I took a few good pictures of some butterflies, which I already posted about, as well as dragonflies and damselflies. Here's a recap of the dragonflies and damselflies that I managed to get decent pictures of. Hopefully I'll get much better pictures this upcoming year.

Harlequin Darner

Fragile Forktail

Eastern Pondhawk Female

Slaty Skimmer Male

Blue Dasher Female

Banded Pennant

Slaty Skimmer Female

Lancet Clubtail Female

Skimming Bluet

Violet Dancer, subspecies violacea of the Variable Dancer Argia fumipennis

Eastern Amberwing

Widow Skimmer Male

Sweetflag Spreadwing

Common Green Darner Female

Common Green Darner Female

Another Skimming Bluet from much later in the year

This is a terrible picture but it's the only one I snapped before it flew away, and a Martha's Pennant is noteworthy enough to include a bad picture of

And finally, an unidentified spreadwing damselfly

Stay tuned for a few more recaps of the pictures I took in 2010, then I'll be all caught up in time for spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment